Sessions will be conducted through a secure and confidential videoconferencing system provided by Terapiados. Patients will have all the necessary instructions to connect prior to the first session. It will be necessary:
- A computer with webcam, headset and microphone installed.
- Preferably, headphones to avoid distractions from external noises to enable intimate communication.
- A quiet and safe space for the person who performs the online therapy.
- The therapist will be located in his office as if it were a face-to-face session, guaranteeing the patient’s privacy.
- The code of ethics for online therapy is the same as for face-to-face therapy. The professionals of Terapiados are licensed and authorized to practice general health psychology. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) and therefore will sign and collect confidentiality data from people using this medium.
In the case of psychological and educational counseling, the confidentiality agreement documents must also be completed, which will be sent and returned via e-mail.
- Occasional sessions for those people who are undergoing a face-to-face therapeutic process with some of our professionals and for circumstantial reasons require online therapy to continue with the work started. For example, for being on a trip, when mobility is an impediment due to a justified cause, etc.
- Combined face-to-face/online sessions for certain situations in which face-to-face therapy is not possible on a continuous basis. In these cases, it will be necessary to start the therapy in person and the type of sessions to be held throughout the therapeutic work will be agreed upon. In the first meeting it will be decided if the reason for the consultation allows the therapeutic process to be carried out by videoconference, since there are situations that do not allow online therapy.
- Online psychological counseling. Cases of psychological counseling can be attended online. If necessary, in these cases the accompaniment can be complemented with other resources such as books, articles, mails, etc.
- Educational counseling for parents. We offer a special counseling service for parents on issues related to the upbringing and education of their children. This service can be provided in person at our office or online.